Stravecchio cheese from malga 24 monthsRegular price Sale price €18,20 Save 0%
STRAVECCHIO DI MALGA cheese 🧀
The selection of Malga Verde cheeses is unmistakable; the cheeses produced by the Cortese family are a beautiful expression of mountain pasture productions which, in their case, take place exclusively from June to mid-October, on the Asiago plateau.
WHAT DOES "MOUNTAIN PRODUCT" MEAN?
It is NOT a lowland Asiago.
-produced above 600 meters of altitude
- seasoning of different tastes and flavors.
N.B: Each box is shipped with fresh-save polystyrene packages with dry ice! The cheese is vacuum packed.
Stravecchio di malga cheese is produced on the Asiago plateau in Malga Verde with partially skimmed milk and left to mature for a period of over 24 months.
- raw, partially skimmed cow's milk, obtained from Bruna and Frisona breed cows fed at pasture on the Asiago Plateau
- The paste is hard, of an intense straw color, with scattered small to medium-sized eyes
- thin rind tending to brown
- the aging gives a rich and complex flavor, sweet and tending to spicy on the finish with hints of toasted hazelnuts and ripe fruit.
- Intense aromas of herbs and musk
- mountain product
- Matured for at least 18 months
Excellent with polenta or tasted alone with a good red wine.
This cheese is a "Product of the Mountain" because it was produced at an altitude of 1100m on the Asiago Plateau.
Ingredients: raw milk, salt, rennet, milk enzymes.
Allergens: Milk and milk-based products (including lactose)
Storage conditions (bulk product): Store at a temperature below 15°C
Storage (packaged product): Store at a temperature below or equal to 4 ° C
Nutrition declaration per 100g of product: energy value 1628 KJ / 392 Kcal, fat 31 g (of which saturated 22 g), carbohydrates 0.3 g (of which sugars 0.1 g), protein 28 g, salt 2.4 g.
🚛every Tuesday directly from the place of production.
See shipping methods by clicking here SHIPPING AND ORDERS